"The only good thing to do with good advice is pass it on; it is never of any use to oneself."— Oscar Wilde

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Magnifique!

Yo!

The last week was a bit depressing. I realized that I had a month left here; It might sound crazy. But I had not realized it before. So yea, a bit sad and depressed, but I guess I was fine.

I went to another prom this weekend. It was almost the same as the other one, except it was a lot smaller. An it wasn't for my school. And they day was about 10 degrees warmer. And people spoke half french/half english. And I met new people.

Today I shipped off winter clothing in a package. It'll probably be in Denmark in - I don't know - 4 months? Hahahha. But It was weird. It felt like packing. And packing... packing reminds me of going home. Wait! What am I talking about? I have two homes! Let's say: Packing reminds me of going back to Denmark.

School is going fine, you can feel it is coming to an end soon. It is getting very warm. So a thing to remember about Canada: 'Tis not only very cold in the winter, 'tis very warm in the summer. Today we (apparently) had a fire somewhere at the school, and we had to sit outdoors for about an hour waiting and waiting. (In music class, grrr, please do not interrupt favourite class.) Well, the sun was so warm and bright that I got a pretty bad sunburn in just that hour at about 9 o'clock in the morning.

We have about two weeks left before exams. Exams aren't going to be fun, but I'll survive.

This week has so far been great. Enjoying the sun (when it's not as warm as today), reading and writing poetry in school, painting, playing music, and hanging out with friends. It can't be better. Truly, everything is looking like summer now. And I'm waiting for it. I'm waiting to get home. No, I don't really want to go home, but I'm still waiting for it.

And I can feel it now. I've already started to clean up my room, organizing stuff, putting things I don't think I'll need in the still upright suitcase in the closet, and I'm getting prepared to make people sign my Canadian flag. That's the tradition for exchangees in Canada, and I will keep it. I'm planning a "Goodbye-party" the day before I leave to go to my end-of-the-year-orientation and take-off.

I will miss this place. More than you can ever imagine without having had the same experience as me.

Sail on Silver Girl, 
Sail on by 
Your time has come to shine 
All your dreams are on their way 

See how they shine 
If you need a friend 
I'm sailing right behind 
Like a bridge over troubled water 
I will ease your mind 
Like a bridge over troubled water 
I will ease your mind

- Simon & Garfunkel - 

No comments:

Post a Comment