"The only good thing to do with good advice is pass it on; it is never of any use to oneself."— Oscar Wilde

Friday 3 June 2011

Music Banquet

Dear all readers! Yesterday there was a month till I leave Canada. Today there is 29 days. It's absolutely unimaginable. I can't believe how much time I've spent here, and it's unthinkable to leave. I haven't packed anything yet, and because Canada Mail is being annoying at the moment with their strike (I do support strikes, though, so go and get them tigers!), I can't send anything home.

Anyway, yesterday I went to the Music Banquet of the school. Twas in the evening from 6-9 in the cafeteria. Everybody were dressed in pyjamas (do not ask me why) and everyone brought lots and lots of food for a big potluck dinner with pizza. Yummy! After eating this tremendous amount of food we danced crazily, played Guitar Hero, Twister, and other stuff. [Yes, the Music Department is awesome. ]

Then it was time for the Diplomas for the Music Executive-people. Since you have to get permission to get in to Music Exec the year before you are in it, I wasn't in it. But the whole Music Department (all music classes, all bands, and Jazz Attack) was invited. There was a lot of clapping, a lot of cheering, and a lot of saying 'Thank You's.' When the teacher's decided to make people sing and 'party' afterwards, they said that they needed a "Special someone" to finish the count to 42 as we did in New York. I was sitting on the side and hadn't really realized they were talking about me, when people started yelling behind me "Yeah! Bella!" or "Dude... Bella it's you." Haha, so I went up to the microphones and everybody who were in New York counted up to 41, where I finished with 42. Somehow - I don't know why - it has achieved the status of a joke here. Apparently I'm the only one who can say it exactly as I did in New York.
ANYWAY, it was kinda funny, but also such a moment you know you are going to keep with you forever. It marked the end of my music experience here in Canada, and it has been the greatest experience of them all. It's hard to say, but I was almost crying up there. Nobody noticed, ahah, so I was good. Aaah, all these wonderful people. They have no idea how much they've meant for me during this year.

Well, after this we sang karaoke and danced and I met some alumni's that came back from University (yes here it's University, not College) and we sang some Elton John with the Karaoke. After the whole thing we cleaned up and I was driven home with a friend.

Music Teachers! :D
Hahah Party in Cafeteria
I still have a bit more then two weeks of normal school left, and then it's exam time. And then I have a week till I have to go to Stratford and then after Stratford I'm off to Toronto Airport. I need more time.

Now there is only one thing to do, cause it gives me great memories:





No comments:

Post a Comment